We have all been there. Hands up if you have ever had a bad seatmate while on an airline? Especially those long haul flights. Raise your hand if you have ever been that bad seatmate? Not much fun to be around is it. Please, please, please do not be that obnoxious person. Below is a list of small things and items and habits that you should avoid if you want to avoid pissing off your seatmate.
- Do not smoke before you get on that flight. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants second hand smoke for an hour, let alone ten hours. I know it sucks, but fight the habit and respect the seat mate.
- Please shower. I can’t stress this enough. Sure it should go without saying but apparently it needs to be said. We can’t escape this odor on an airplane, so please pay special mind to hygiene, both bodily and dental before you get on that flight.
- Do not be that seat mate who talks and talks for hours. Nobody cares, nor does anybody want to listen to you go on and on about your significant other that dumped you. People genuinely don’t care about your life. Knock it off.
- If you have a very young child, control them. No one likes screaming children, crying babies or a child slamming their feet into the back of their seat.
- Yes, we get that you have to go to the restroom. I would never tell you never to pee, but be mindful of how often. Nothing is more annoying than when your seat mate always having to get up to cater to you and your needs.
Did I forget to add anything? I know the above is a very short list, but these are certainly some of my pet peeves. If I forgot anything, let me know or shoot an e-mail to email@example.com.