For those of you who don’t know me, I am a major foodie and food junkie. I love everything food and all types of food. I am a health addict and am always looking for new, fun and creative ways to incorporate cooking, healthy eating and healthy living into my every day part of life. So, above is a spinach and sausage omelet. Recipe below.
A handful of spinach
2-3 eggs, beaten
2 links of sausage, casing removed
salt and pepper to taste
- Turn oven on to medium high and place 1-2 tablespoons of butter in pan
- Once the pan is well warmed and the butter starts to turn a golden brown, add the sausage. Any type of sausage will do.
- While the sausage is cooking, beat the two eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper sparingly while you continue to beat and then set aside
- Toss a generous of handful of spinach in with the sausage and continue to cook until the spinach has wilted and is a dark green color. Continue to stir and saute.
- Pour in the eggs to coat the spinach and sausage and wait a few minutes until the eggs begin to become relatively firm.
- Use a spatula to lift the eggs slightly and allow the runny eggs and yolk part to get heated and cooked through
- When bottom of the omelet is cooked through and a golden brown color, flip half onto the other half
- Slide the omelette out of the plate
- Season to taste
- Ready to serve
- As easy as 1, 2, 3